Joy in the Jazz! The “C” word affects so many of us.
(I refuse to say the actual “cancer” word, because I feel it
gives it power.) I hesitate to share these personal
experiences here because if you are affected by
The “C” word, in any way, it is YOUR personal walk.
No one can tell you for sure how to be, how to feel,
how to act, or what to do. With that said, there is
no way I could have made it through without the stories
and help of others. I carry all those in my heart who
may not see any relief to this disease on this side of heaven.
5 Thoughts from this “C” patient:
1) This RED DEVIL chemotherapy being pumped into me is ridiculous! Really – you have to put on a gown, gloves and a mask to push it into my veins?? I respond each time you go to push it in my body by claiming, out loud, Isaiah 1:18: “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be like wool,” says the Lord.
He will redeem this RED DEVIL!
2) The HAIR DIVE – as in it falling out! How to deal with this is again, a very personal decision. Do you want to shave it? Try to save it? Have a hairdresser shave it, spouse shave it? When to shave it??? As I walked to our laundry room sink, to be “blessed” by having my best friend and husband shave my head just a few days after Thanksgiving…I was overwhelmed with the image of ALL those who went before me. The amount of COURAGE, people!!! After it was over, I was exhausted from the stress of it. Then after a short stint of wanting to throw up, I looked up and said, out loud, “Lord, Help me find the Joy in the Jazz!”
(I frequently substituted the 4 letter-word JAZZ for all other 4 letter-words I truly wanted to use. HAHA!)
3) How to CONQUER “C” TREATMENT –
Apple Pie & Peppermint Patties!!!!
4) A DARK PLACE can occur…in your mind & heart.
It is TOUGH!
We may tend to go to a dark place for days at
a time, not able to move or think clearly, allowing a
solid ground for mental & emotional attack.
Let us be mindful that the awakening and clearing is
coming and that in that dark place, GOD IS WITH US! Settle down, rest, receive what you need. The light is coming. He is strong in our weakness. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
5) Stand in the SHOWER AND CLAIM healing verses – or however you bathe.
Let’s do what we can. Touch the area of weakness in our bodies and say
these healing verses over them, every day! And no, you don’t have to be naked
to do it! 😉 These are my favorites, memorized:
Psalm 103:3 You heal all our diseases.
Isaiah 53:5 By Your stripes, we are healed.
Exodus 15:26 for I am the Lord, who healeth thee. KJV
There are many different ways of healing,
but ONE HEALER. Truthfully, we do not
know His will. It may be he heals us in heaven. I love and commend all of the COURAGE & FAITH so many of you live out. You inspire.